Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogie man

Reaction score
Hi am new to here and have a new amp thats only 4 days old its a Mesa Stietto Ace.
Really love the sound of it.. But for the last day i have been thinking of upgradeing to a roadster. Whats everyones thoughts on that? Am i better to stay with what i have now or do the upgrade.
Thanks...

I think you should stick with what you have. Overly complicated amps like the roadster and roadking are simply overkill, especially when you get so many great tones out of the Ace.

youre just going to run into service issues and breakdowns with the roadster i think

tone is subjective and you'll have more options to find a tone that you like with those heads, but if you've found a tone you dig with the stilleto stick with it because youre probably just gonna try and get the same thing out of the other one

I disagree that the Roadster or even Road King is overkill. First of all it is the culmination of the best of what Mesa has to offer in tone and versatility. Second, it is great for someone like me who would rather dial in my main tones and use channel switching to then change tones while playing. Having four channels is a godsend because I am not constantly turning knobs every time I want to change my tone (especially mid-set or even mid-song), as I was with my simpler 2-channel Single Rectifier.

Do some research and definitely check out the Roadster, plug in and listen. The cleans and slightly overdrivens on channels 1 &2 are "as advertised" - some of the best I've heard and the reverb is lush and beautiful. Of course the overdrive channels 3 & 4 are typical dual rectifier amazing.

I am biased of course because I have a Roadster and so far I really like it!!! 8)

Boogie man said:
Hi am new to here and have a new amp thats only 4 days old its a Mesa Stietto Ace.
Really love the sound of it.. But for the last day i have been thinking of upgradeing to a roadster. Whats everyones thoughts on that? Am i better to stay with what i have now or do the upgrade.
Thanks...

Stop. Just stop. Don't listen to various internet debt enablers. Spend a little more time with the Ace for gawd's sakes! Its a sweet amp and even if it isn't sounding perfect yet you bought it for a reason. Give it a chance before you join the growing list of buying - selling - buying folks I see all too often.

The Roadster, while apparently a great amp, is also not an "upgrade" its a completely different design with a different series of sounds.

-P

Ya. 2 totally different amps. The Roadster runs on different power tubes as well, and is part of the Rectifier sounding family. The Stiletto is in its own family. 6 different modes is nice, spend some time with it and you will be surprised at all the tones that are in there

+1
Don't let buyers remorse set in for no reason...especially before you have fully explored your Ace.

Back