Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejay

Reaction score
WELL I went to GC today and walked away with a Roadster and 4x12 Recto Cab - sounds awesome. Does anyone own and have some great tones to share?

thejay said:
WELL I went to GC today and walked away with a Roadster and 4x12 Recto Cab - sounds awesome. Does anyone own and have some great tones to share?

first off congrats and welcome to the roadster club.... your gonna love the amp and it gets better with time.... one thing i recommend is trying out the settings in the manual... they're a great point of reference to start shapping "your" tone..... also i find an eq in the loop is a must with all rectos.... not 100% needed but definitely takes it to the next level

also remember if you hear any popping when switching channels do the following.... turn the amp off... then turn it on, and while in standby switch through the channels a few times.... this gets releases any static in the relays and prevents the popping when your playing.... after you cycle through a few times come out of standby in channel 3.... have fun

thejay said:

Congrats man. I'm sure you'll like it. Post pics and clips soon.

Thanks - I look forward to going through and tweaking it although I know it will probably be awhile before I find my sweet spots. I will post pics and a clip as soon as I can :D But I am very happy about my purchase.

Actually a side note as far as GC is concerned. I picked up a floor model and they offered to let me have this one noting it was "damaged" and its only the footswitch that has a crack on the side (does not effect sound or the switch working) - they are going to order a brand new one from Mesa (head and switch) and I should get it and make the swap in a couple of weeks. THAT is how you treat a customer some other shops should take note of that - I was impressed b/c most GCs don't care what you get and take your money.

Also if anyone is interested I tried out the new Gibson Faded Explorer and WOW that sounded great through this 1/2 stack - very impressed. I might have to get that at some point too, although I think its overpriced compared to the other faded models.

Back