Roadster vs Marshall JVM

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseydrew

Reaction score
I was thinking about purchasing a Roadster, now I'm thinking about the new Marshall JVM. I would love to have a 4 channel amp.

Has anyone played both? Any opinions would be appreciated.

I play classic rock. I'm not into today's metal.

If you want a Roadster you have to like the Dual Rectifier sound. Thats pretty much the whole point of the amp, only a little more versatile and better cleans.

If you wan't to play only classic rock I would look for something else other the a Dual Rectifier.

I am not about to tell you what amp to use for what style of music, but I will say that I just played my custom order Road King that had just come in a few days ago next to the JVM (same store)

I did not like the JVM. I like Peavey solid state better than the high gain tones of that amp. I was looking forward to checking the JVM out also, but I was left feeling pretty disappointed by the sound and construction.

The Road King is everything it is claims to be...it is far better than what my imagination had come up with.

rabies said:
Not defending this Marshall amp, but keep in mind that Marshall ships with crap stock tubes. Not like Mesa. So take his comment above with a grain of salt...

Have you played one yet? I don't think its tubes...

I played the new vintage/modern amp and lets just say i thought the dsl and tsl's sounded alot better. So if the JVM sounds anything like the vintage moderm i wouldnt touch it.

hi ,
i just demoed the stiletto against the JVM extensively at high volume this week .
the od channels on the JVM are dissapointing - lots of fizz - just like the 900/tsl series . the crunch channel is great though .
the mesa had it in terms of useable tone , but no footswitchable toggling between channel modes .
so , for the moment , i havent brought either ....
slate

rabies said:
Binner said:
I am not about to tell you what amp to use for what style of music, but I will say that I just played my custom order Road King that had just come in a few days ago next to the JVM (same store)

I did not like the JVM. I like Peavey solid state better than the high gain tones of that amp. I was looking forward to checking the JVM out also, but I was left feeling pretty disappointed by the sound and construction.

The Road King is everything it is claims to be...it is far better than what my imagination had come up with.

Not defending this Marshall amp, but keep in mind that Marshall ships with crap stock tubes. Not like Mesa. So take his comment above with a grain of salt...

hmm. last i heard, marshall uses SED el34s stock. those are great power tubes

Back