Roadster video test

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papashango

Reaction score
I did a quick video before I left for work to showcase the 4 channels on my
Roadster. It was done with a sony cybershot digital camera and the picture
is really dark, but I just wanted to show the variety of tones it can generate.
Don't mind the playing, it isn't the best and I had a brain fart and couldn't
think of anything to play once I started recording, it was just spontaneous.
I figured it would help anyone wondering what it can do, since I was dying to
hear any clips of it before I could actually purchase it. It's is plugged into a
2x12 Carvin Legacy cab with vintage 30's. The guitar is just a black Jackson
$400 job with stock duncan design pickups.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ8yIJoCP74

thanks for sharing. as you said, this can be a great help for people interested in buying a roadster, which is really a wonderful amp. good tones btw

Thanks, I had the camera about 5 feet from the amp and I turned it on an
angle slightly so the camera wasn't direct on to the sound. I know that
recording like this can sound harsh sometimes, but hopefully that compensated
a bit for the "weak" recording setup I currently have... it was either that or
my $1 computer mike... scary! Anyway, thanks again for the reply and
I hope it gives someone a little more insight as to why I love this head sooo
much!

Nice video, probably one of the best on the site. Nice tones too. I was curious what your settings were on channel 4? Are you running anything in front of the amp?

i have a road king so its like a bit more perky than a roadster but your settings should work fine....

would you mind sharing settings for channel 2 and 3

particularly on channel 2 for the tweed as you said how was everything set up as far as tubes and whatnot. i dont think you have optional el34 tubes for the ch2....

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I am glad everyone has enjoyed the clip so far.
Hey Matt, my settings on channel 4 are
gain-7
treble-6
mids-4
presence-5
master-4
output-1.5 (like I said earlier, townhouse with thin walls)
Modern setting and Bold

Thanks for the nice comment Elpelotero, you are correct on both master and carlos... all classic stuff. The tones are even more ridiculous in person and when I have a chance to play at my buddies house through the 4X12 standard recto cab!!!

Hey Aramism, I came very close to getting the Roadking, but the GAS was killing me at the time and the Roadster is versatile enough for me... gladly share channels 2 and 3. I am actually using channel 2 for my clean and channel 1 for the "tweed" setting... sorry I didn't clarify that in the video!

Channnel 1 "tweed" settings...

gain-7
treble-7
mid-4
bass-6
presence-7
master-4
output-1.5
switch to "tweed" and bold power

Channel 3

gain-7
treble-6
mid-7
bass-6
presence-6
master-4
switch to "vintage" and output 1.5

Of course, when I play "at proper volume" I let off on the gain a bit to let some power tube dynamics shine through and adjust the eq section for the added volume. I also found that throwing more mids and a little extra presence helped to give me a wider range of tonal options. I like the contrasting sounds of the 4 channels and find they are good enough along with my volume and tone controls on my guitars to get me in the ball park for most sounds I need (which ranges from the Who, Beatles and blues, to Metallica and Sabbath.

Once again, thanks for all the input and Cheers! (I currently have GAS for a orange Stiletto Ace I tried last week )
:lol:

Sorry, I forgot to give my tube settings for the channels... I have stock 6l6's that came with the head, all the tubes are stock...

channel 1 - 100wt
channel 3 - 50 wt
channel 4 - 100 wt

Can you make some more clips with the amp?

I hope you don't take any offense, but IMO it doesn't show what the amp can do, a lot of it was just soloing. Just keep it simple, show how it sounds with articulation, sensitivity to picking, how well the lead channels pick up soloing on the bigger strings, etc etc. :p

Sorry about not getting back sooner... haven't been online long enough to reply lately. Being single full time daddy makes for alot of schedule shifting... especially when working shift work. Hey JamesD, thanks and I am glad you enjoyed the clips... Nelg, I appreciate the constructive critisism and would never take offence, I know there are a million players that can kick my ***, but guitar is all about love for the music and just the pure joy of doing what you love to do, no matter what style it is! Unfortunatley, I got rid off my Legacy 2X12 cabinet along with my 60th anny Strat for a Yamaha DG60fx-112 digital combo and an Ibanez Prestige. I figured I would be better served with the "little" 1x12 combo when just practicing at home instead of killing my tubes prematurely when I want to fiddle around for 10 minutes. I only have the 4X12 mesa cab in my buddies basement, and it doesn't fit in my sunfire! So it might be a while before I can get some clips, but hopefully I can figure something out soon! Cheers everyone!

awesome dude. i've been busy with work myself seldom having time to check in to the forums i am part of. i will try those settings on my roadking as they should match. i have found great settings myself but always looking and seeking for tone nirvana.

cool video..

i made one like that too, with my roadster also.. 4nkam was wanting one.. lol(i posted it on the ESP message board)

Awesome video. It's good to see some stuff on the Roadster finally appearing.

Ciao ...

Dude,

I wished more people would do what you have done. I love Boogie Amps and often wonder about the various models. It was great hearing all four of your channels. Spread the word to all forum members. I would love to hear examples for all the Mark Series, Rectos, Stillette, Lone Star and so on.

Thanks for the samples!

Great video. Would love to hear more actually. In the market for this Amp, haven't found one in any guitar shop that i can play around with.

Latest posts

Back