Roadster Tones

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerboy

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I was curious if anyone wanted to share settings they use for different tones out of the roadster. I have pretty much set my four channels to the tones i like, but before i lock them in i wanted to put a post up. I wanted to explore other sonic options. I have been running 6L6, but am pondering trying EL34s. I play just about anything from rock to blues and even a little country, so clean, rythum, and lead suggestion would be awesome. Who know maybe we will all find something new we can use.

Thanks,
Farmerboy

I've switched from the 6l6 to el34's in my roadster and would definately recommend it. with the 6l6 it seemed to be just one sound with varying levels of gain, now i have a clean, crunch, rhythm, and lead channels. Next chance i get i'll write down the settings, all i know is that i pretty much started with the settings from the manual for the Brit channel and the ch3 vintage. i use ch 4 with a bit of a scooped sound (mids around 10:30 ish) and bump up the volume for my leads.

TheBlackman said:
I've switched from the 6l6 to el34's in my roadster and would definately recommend it. with the 6l6 it seemed to be just one sound with varying levels of gain

That is really good to hear. I have been having the same complaint with my Roadster, both Channel 3 & 4 sound identical just with varied levels of gain. The tone is almost exact though. Looks like I will try out the el34's as well.

Back