Roadster sound / tube problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

existenz

Reaction score
So my deal is this:

I bought my roadster about 2 months ago and have been playing it with a pretty reasonable volumes.

Now it just lost it's voice on channel 4 when I switched reverb off and makes occasionally this crackling noise on channel 3 but not on any other channel.
This occurres only when I've been playing about 1h or so. It also somethimes just turns the gain off from channel 3 leaving it to sound like a loud clean as in channel 1.

Got stock tubes. I thought that those preamp tubes should last a bit longer but I guess I was wrong.

Or could this be a symptom of a more severe thing?

existenz said:
So my deal is this:

I bought my roadster about 2 months ago and have been playing it with a pretty reasonable volumes.

Now it just lost it's voice on channel 4 when I switched reverb off and makes occasionally this crackling noise on channel 3 but not on any other channel.
This occurres only when I've been playing about 1h or so. It also somethimes just turns the gain off from channel 3 leaving it to sound like a loud clean as in channel 1.

Got stock tubes. I thought that those preamp tubes should last a bit longer but I guess I was wrong.

Or could this be a symptom of a more severe thing?

i would try a tube swap first..... i actually think i may be close to one because while i was playing my clean went from sparkling to gritty without me touching anything..... i tried different cables and guitars but its definitely the amp.... so i switched out the power tubes with some extra kt77s i had laying around and that wasnt it... i have yet to change out the preamp tubes but i think they're the culpurit

Yeah, I contacted my retailer and told about the problem and asked about the preamp tubes. So now I'm (hopefully) getting some replacement tubes and I'll check which of the tubes are the one(s) to blame.

Latest posts

Back