Roadster/RK II Brit mode .. how does it sound?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xscottx9

Reaction score
I have a DSL, and when the Roadster arrives, I hope to but her in the closet. How does the brit mode sound? I am not so concerned with Heavy distortion (channel 3/4 is for that) .. More the Bluesy Marshall sound .. that clean, little bit dirty FAT "marshall" sound .. actually pretty clean ..

Does the Roadster nail it?

How does it sound with EL34 vs 6L6 ..

thanks

Not trying to be a smart *** at all but if u dont want the channel 3/4 heavy sound why get a roadster.? Just keep the marshall if u want marshall.

I have an RKII and the Roadster is essentially the same. Does it nail a Marshall type tone? No way. Not even close. That's not what it wants to be. Maybe you should have considered a Stiletto.

I have a Road King (series I) and I really like the Brit mode quite a bit, it's not real thick sounding live, but it can sound pretty good when recorded. I have a few clips posted at www.guitartest.moonfruit.com you can check out to get an idea of what the RK 1 brit mode sounds like?

huh? I want channel 3 and 4 .. thats why I am buying the roadster .. I WANT THE RECTO sound .. I want a recto sound, a nice clean, and a Breaking up marshall sound .. as the Roadster is advertised.

I am just asking what the Brit channel sounds like .. do you know? I have a DSL, and if the roadster can cop its clean crunch, the dsl will go into the closet .. did my post not reflect that? *not being a smartass*

thanks

xscottx9 said:
huh? I want channel 3 and 4 .. thats why I am buying the roadster .. I WANT THE RECTO sound .. I want a recto sound, a nice clean, and a Breaking up marshall sound .. as the Roadster is advertised.

I am just asking what the Brit channel sounds like .. do you know? I have a DSL, and if the roadster can cop its clean crunch, the dsl will go into the closet .. did my post not reflect that? *not being a smartass*

thanks

from my understanding of your first post, yes:)

i think people are just tense and like to knock marshalls or anyone associated with them on this board

anyway i was just chiming in with that, i dont have a roadster or RK

Latest posts

Back