Roadster reverb question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crikey

Reaction score
Any idea why the roadster loses nearly all of it's reverb in the brit, tweed settings, is there a reason for it?
If this has come up before I apologise.

Just gonna bump this and ask the question a bit differently.
Can a roadster owner out there tell me if they have the same situation where the reverbs are negligible in the tweed and Brit settings.
:)

Yeah, I can be playin in "Brit" mode and switch to fat or clean and the reverb almost triples!! I think it has to do with the added gain stage in those modes? .............(sounds like I know what I'm talking about).

Great glad someone answered and has the same prob...lol, that didn't sound right :p
Yep, I actually have to use reverb on my ME 50 in those modes to get some reverb.
I'm lovin this amp and getting new sounds all the time but this is something that the techs at Mesa didn't get right but you are right, after another read of the manual it does mention gain and Master/channel Vols.
Not a big problem but for such an expensive amp and the fact that they have gone to the trouble of seperate reverbs for each channel it is a bit odd.

Totally agree, in channel two Fat clean and Clean mode theres a annoying hum when the reverb is at about 1 oclock also. Check it out and you'll see what I'm talking about. Its only in these modes in channel two that it happens. I tried other Roadsters and they do it also.You'll need some volume to hear it. My Mesa dealer is supposed to research it he thought it was odd also and should'nt be there. I called Mesa about it and they acted like it was something I was doing--How can three Roadsters I tried all do this and its me? I think they fired these out too fast without extreme quality control. To see if yours does this set up in these modes and switch the reverb on and off at the footswitch-- its only channel two Fat/Clean. At higher volumes its worse which sucks for playing clean. I understand nobody's perfect and Mesa makes super good amps I can't believe they didnt notice this.

cant play pool with a rop said:
Totally agree, in channel two Fat clean and Clean mode theres a annoying hum when the reverb is at about 1 oclock also. Check it out and you'll see what I'm talking about. Its only in these modes in channel two that it happens. I tried other Roadsters and they do it also.You'll need some volume to hear it. My Mesa dealer is supposed to research it he thought it was odd also and should'nt be there. I called Mesa about it and they acted like it was something I was doing--How can three Roadsters I tried all do this and its me? I think they fired these out too fast without extreme quality control. To see if yours does this set up in these modes and switch the reverb on and off at the footswitch-- its only channel two Fat/Clean. At higher volumes its worse which sucks for playing clean. I understand nobody's perfect and Mesa makes super good amps I can't believe they didnt notice this.
I'm getting the same thing, if you find anything out let me know, it happens on both channels one and two.

Not that this is in the same category, but if I crank up the volume on my 1970 Fender Deluxe and then trun up the reverb, I get a hum too. I wonder if it's just the nature of the beast we call "tube driven spring reverb"?

Back