Roadster questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romanos27

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Noob here with a couple questions regarding the Roadster head. First, any suggestions for a pedal to use for lead/boost tones? I love the versatility of this head for rhythm, but I can't seem to get a great "creamy" tone for leads. Tube Screamer? Box of Rock?

Second, anybody use the Roadster with a 4x12 cab loaded with Greenbacks? The Recto cab tends to be a little thumpy for me, so I thought the Greenbacks might be a cool change. Curious if anyone has tried this and their thoughts.

Thanks,
Brian

I liked the Tubescreamer, it takes some of the "boomieness" out of it and thickens up the mids for a creamy, cutting lead tone. But to be honest, I liked Vintage mode on channel 3 with EL34's in it the best without any pedal in front of it. I've got clips of my lead tone at the site in my sig, but that's with 6L6's.

Lots of folks use a TS in front of rectifiers to tighten up the low end, great little pedal and great big amp.

The BB preamp is pretty popular too.

i use Seymour duncan's SFX-01 pickup booster. i would check out MXR's 10 band eq though, because you can boost as well as finish off your tone with equalization. its built well and not too expensive.

Back