Roadster popping

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibsonguy

Reaction score
I tried a Roadster today (2 x12 combo) at the local shop and was very impressed. This amp is versitile and I am jonesing one badly. However, when I turned it off there was a loud popping sound. That occurred regardless of which channel was active. Has anyone heard this before?

Thanks.

I own one and have not heard the popping noise. But I always go to standby first then I wait about 5-10 secs before i power down.

I concur with the above, this is why I won't buy an amp off the floor.

You should always put a tube amp in standby before shut down.....

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Roadster head and it pops like crazy when the tuner mute is used or during a channel change. I have tried the suggestions in other threads and it hasn't helped. Even with the volumes set on 0 the amp pops loudly when performing a channel change. It's very annoying for such a high priced amp. Apart from that the amp has killer tone and I still wouldn't swap it for anything.

Ciao ...

Thanks for the replies. I should have known about putting the amp on standby for a few seconds before powering it off. My Fender Twin has the same bahavior if I do not shut it off properly. This weekend our local guitar store is hosting a Mesa factory rep. I will be interested to talk to him/her about this issue.

Again, thanks.

It will be interesting to see what the rep has to say. Nothing stops the popping my amp does.

Ciao ...

I had a call from Pro Audio Australia about the popping issue and they said that a different value capacitor is changed somewhere near V5 as well as some J(something) switches.

Ciao ...

hello

do you have more informations to solve that problem , which composant or any soluce? my local dealer cant help me and my guitar tech doesn't have schematic?

i also noticed a hum and hiss on the tweed position on channel 1. the noise is still present even when the guitar is not plugged in the input jack. do you have that problem?

thanks for your help and sorry for my english speaking

Storm said:
I have a Roadster head and it pops like crazy when the tuner mute is used.

Great. They've added that "neat" feature to the RKII v2. Glad mine doesn't have that.

I guess that makes the RKII v1 amps rare.

Latest posts

Back