Roadster is making me a MKIV man

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamme61

Reaction score
I finally got to try the roadster head into a Mesa 4x12 cab. It sounded very good. I liked the 1st channel the best. I don't need the recto sound, so 3 and 4 were good, but not what I wanted. After playing the RS for about 30 minutes I switched over to a Mark IV. The MKIV has issues, but some of the tones in the MKIV are super and really grabbed me. I really like the 1st channel, that's my fave. That channel alone is fantastic. The second channel is my least fave. still even without the EQ I was able to dial in something nice. I don't know why but after going around with a LS, Stiletto, Roadster ect. I'm into the MKIV, Great amp IMHO and real old, but I like it. I brought my guitar this time and gave the Stiletto Ver1 another go, and it sounded great. I really like the Stiletto but I have 3 marshalls and the MKIV would be a totally different sound for me.

If you like the clean channels so much why not go for a Lonestar........

I had the LS and loved it. The sounds of the LS made me want to try the Roaster. I was hoping to get the LS and two other channels. The roadster does that, but it's just ok sounding, where as, when I plugged into the MKIV, I was blown away buy some of the tones it has. This stuff is very subjective, so I don't mean to sound like I'm knocking any of the other Mesa's here. They all sound great. The MKIV just got me more, tone wise.

Back