Roadster Gig Report

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webby

Reaction score
Well I finnally played a gig last weekend where I could turn the volume up a my Roadster (second gig I've used it on) When I first turn it on I heard a little crackling. A little worried at first, but the amp played ok. After the 1st set the bar manager told us to turn it up (gotta like that) so I turned up the Roadster and the PA. Funny thing half way through the 3rd set my amp really seem to life. More volume, gain and clairity. Anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping it's just a breaking in thing and will continue to sound the same at the next gig. I was really digging my sound in the last set. I knew I should have turned it down a bit but it just sounded so good :D
As for the channel 3 popping issue, as much as it bugs me when I'm practicing at home at gig volumes it's not really an issue. Got a really nice chrunch tone by accident. Left my ts808 on in front of channel 1 in tweed mode gain up. played a couple sound like that. Sounded good. I have a BBE Clean Boost pedal and a Fulltone Fat Boost. The BBE sounds like **** in front of the Roadster but the Fulltone Fat boost really makes the amp sing for leads. Really pushes the amp, seems to overdrive it a little and smooths it out a bit.l
Looking forward to playing again at our New Years Eve Gig.
Will keep you all posted
Later

Cool deal man.

As for the the amp sounding more clear and gainy, I would attribute this to the amp being on for a long time. I find the same thing too, when I play for a fairly long time (like 1-2 hours or more) there's this certain stage where the amp warms up and everything sits in equilibrium and it just sounds better somehow. Not sure if it's the power tubes or the pre-amp or what, but something in there "turns on" after a few hours :lol:

Congrats on a good show with your Roadster. I had my first Roadster gig last night and it was a spectacular triumph. Best live sound I have ever had ( and I have played out for over 20 years) Here are some pic of my new baby from last night

IMG_7738a.jpg

IMG_7691a.jpg

IMG_7684aweb.jpg

IMG_7740a.jpg

Latest posts

Back