Roadster Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticTriad

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was thinking about getting the Roadster 2x12 combo. Do you think it would be ok if i stacked it on top of my Fender '65 Twin Reverb, or would it do damage to the Fender? Also one last time, do you think a 2x12 combo will give me a nice wide sound, or is there a huge difference than a Half Stack? I just dont really want a halfstack right now, cause of 2 main reasons: 1) Too much to be hauling around every gig. 2) Price. I want to also invest in the rest of my pedals and cables and stuff.

Thank You!

maybe stack the Fender on the Boogie, or put 'em side by side. There is an emmense popularity in the combo area on this site. I personally have not used any of their combos, but can say that the 2x12 recto cab is very close in sound to it's 4x12 big brother, so, i'd hopefully be in the right by saying that the combo would be a good choice for your needs. Good luck my friend. Those Roadsters seem to be very sweet! 8)

-AJH

Question 1) Will the Fender hold the Roadster?
Answer 1) It would have no problem supporting the weight (I weigh 175-ish and sit on my Deluxe all the time), but if the Roadster is anything like any of the other Single/Dual Recto combos (Rectoverb, Tremoverb or Road King), The fender Twin is going to be narrower and possibly not as wide as the Twin. So the best thing to do would probably be to stack the Twin on the Roadster.

Question 2) do you think a 2x12 combo will give me a nice wide sound?
Answer 2) I think the Roadsters are closed back and this is going to give it just about as good a sound as a 1/2 stack.

Food for thought.... I LOVE my Road King 2x12 combo and think it's the BEST amp I've ever had or heard.... But the thing weighs 125 pounds :shock: which is going to be about the same weight as the Roadster 2x12 combo - and lugging that thing around can sometimes be a little more work than you would expect. I got rid of all my 1/2 stacks or 2x12/head rigs to go with the Road King combo and now I'm thinking of going back to a RK head and a 2x12 cab again to cut down on the weight......But I may not do it if the right offer doesn't present itself to me (like if someone wants to trade me their RK II or Roadster series II :wink: ).

Hey thanks a lot guys! I am going for it, im getting the Combo!! WOO!! Anyway, do you guys think i can get a Mark 2 c+ - Similar sound on it? you know the tone that Petrucci got in the earlier DT days (Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance). Also, this might sound retarded, but do you guys think that you could possibly put up a clip with a similar petrucci tone, perhaps play a Dream Theater song or something? Might be asking too much, but hey it was worth a shot :p haha

One more question for you guys, this might be off topic a bit but i need the help of experienced guitarists. Regarding some Accesories i want to get, can you guys suggest to me what you recommend. So far im looking at getting:

1) Voodoo Labs Amp Selector (To switch between the Twin and the Roadster)
2) Dunlop Dc Brick (For Powering Pedals)
3)MXR Phase 90 vs Electro Harmonix Small Stone
4) Electro Harmonix Small Stone

:wink:

I bought the 2X12 combo and kind of wish I would have bought the head/2X12 configuration. That combo is HEAVY and it might be easier to lug the head and cab separate. I am starting to wonder if that little strap on the top is going to give out or not....this combo doesnt have the heavy handles on the side like the RK combo.

Im likely gonna end up going with the Road King head/ 2x12 Cab!!
Does anyone know why Petrucci changed from the Mark llc+ to the Roadking, I mean the tone he got from that was deadly. Does the Roadking have the capability of producing a sound like he would get with the Mark ll?

I am super excited!! Also, does anyone know how long the wait time is when you order a Road King? I heard it can be a couple of months or something like that.

Latest posts

Back