Roadster Cleans - single vs humbucker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I've been pleased with my Roadster, especially with a Strat. I've been gigging weekly with it for about 7 to 8 months now. Once in a while, I throw in my Thinline Tele with the Dual Humbuckers or something with EMG's and the cleans seem to be anything but. Am I just missing something here? I generally use the fat clean on Channel 1 with the gain in the 11 o'clock range for a little bite. I like humbuckers if I want to open it up a bit, but I'm discouraged at the loss of the nice clean sound I feel I should be getting. Is this just how it is and I should stick with my Strats if I'm happy with that sound? Or maybe I'm giving it too much gain? For reference, Winged C 6L6 with Doug's Tubes tone kit.

Thanks.

jared said:
Hi Folks,

I've been pleased with my Roadster, especially with a Strat. I've been gigging weekly with it for about 7 to 8 months now. Once in a while, I throw in my Thinline Tele with the Dual Humbuckers or something with EMG's and the cleans seem to be anything but. Am I just missing something here? I generally use the fat clean on Channel 1 with the gain in the 11 o'clock range for a little bite. I like humbuckers if I want to open it up a bit, but I'm discouraged at the loss of the nice clean sound I feel I should be getting. Is this just how it is and I should stick with my Strats if I'm happy with that sound? Or maybe I'm giving it too much gain? For reference, Winged C 6L6 with Doug's Tubes tone kit.

Thanks.

Looks like you may prefer the other modes then. I love the Tweed mode for both single coil and humbucker type guitars, but occasionally I run the fat clean mode to get more of a jazzier tone IMHO...

Back