Roadster Channel Switching Problems.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabal

Reaction score
Just wondering If Anyone Is Haveing Problems With Their Roadsters When Changing Channels? I Have Had To Send My Roadster Back For Repairs Once Already. Within Less Then 6 Months Im Haveing The Same Problem.

I use Channel 4 most of the time then when I go to change channels the Light on the channel I go to lights up but the tone is still the same...

Useing Channel 4 I change to channel 2. The light on channel 2 lights up but its the Tone of channel 4. The knobs on channel 2 dont do anything its all channel 4.

Then useing channel 3 I will go to channel 1 and its the tone from channel 3. Tone knobs dont do anything there either. All Lights lite up like it switched channels but the tones never change.

cabal said:
Just wondering If Anyone Is Haveing Problems With Their Roadsters When Changing Channels? I Have Had To Send My Roadster Back For Repairs Once Already. Within Less Then 6 Months Im Haveing The Same Problem.

I use Channel 4 most of the time then when I go to change channels the Light on the channel I go to lights up but the tone is still the same...

Useing Channel 4 I change to channel 2. The light on channel 2 lights up but its the Tone of channel 4. The knobs on channel 2 dont do anything its all channel 4.

Then useing channel 3 I will go to channel 1 and its the tone from channel 3. Tone knobs dont do anything there either. All Lights lite up like it switched channels but the tones never change.
Welcome to The Board.

How are you switching the amp? Are you using the amp's footswitch or an external switcher?

You say the channel indicator lights change but the tone does not. Which lights change, the ones on the footswitch (if you use it) or the ones on the amp (or both)?

Any problems with the other switching functions (FX Loop/Solo/Mute)?

What did the repair tech find when the amp was last serviced and was it a Mesa Certified Tech?

Are you in Bold or Spongy power?

How's your line voltage going into the amp (is it less than 110V)? Very low voltage will affect the switching matrix.

FWIW I have never had a problem (over 5-1/2 years) with my Roadster switching channels (using an external MIDI switcher for the last 4+ years).

Dom

Hay Dom,

I tried to use the foot switch and that didnt work right then i tried the switch on the back of the amp. Both ways the so thing happened.

The lights on both the foot switch and the amp change. But The Tones stay the same.

The FX Loop/Solo/Mute all seam to work fine.

When I sent the amp back the first time. The Tech said everything worked fine. They tested it for 2 weeks then sent it back to me. When I gotthe amp back it was working fine also. I used it for about a month with the foot switch pluged in checking it everytime i play to make sure it was workin ok. Then I unpluged the foot switch. Since all I really ever use is Channel 4.

I use it on Bold and as far as I know the Voltage is fine.

What kind of Midi switch do u use?

Cabal

cabal said:
What kind of Midi switch do u use?
I have been using a Voodoo Labs Control Switcher for a few years now, previous to that was an Axess CFX4. Both function flawlessly.

If this is happening with the Footswitch as well as with the amp's Channel Selector (with the Footswitch unplugged) I would bring it back to the tech with a video to show what is happening.

Do you have the chance to try the amp in a different location? It could be a line voltage isuue, but I would think it would have to drop well under 90V to affect the switching if you are using the amp w/Bold power setting.

Good Luck,
Dom

Are U switching all 4 Channels?

Im thinking i should be able to only use 2 channels. I have a G Major but I havent tried to change channels with that yet. The G Major says it can change channels. More or less need to figure out what is going on with the amp first..

It been pluged in the same outlet the whole time. Today when i go to practice i will try a different outlet..and see what happens....

Thanks
Cabal

I switch all 4 channels with the Control Switcher, and use the G-Maj to switch FX Loop & Solo.

FWIW- Mesa does not recommend a common ground switching system (as in the G-Maj) for channel switching, YMMV. The Control Switcher uses isolated grounds.

Definitely try a different outlet.

Dom

Cool Ill Have to check out the Control Switcher after I get the amp working right.

Just a lot of stress after paying a lot of $ for a amp to have it stop workin. In less then 5 yrs.
I been playin my old Randall that I have had for 15yrs and never had any problem with it at all. Think I only paid $400 for at the thing works like a beast.

I tried different outlet and ckecked them of volts and the outlet are all fine but the amp is still acting up not changing chaneels like normal so it looks like its time to call Boogie.....

Time to call Mesa indeed.

I hope it is a quick turn-around for you. If you bring it to a tech be sure they are Mesa Certified to comply with your warranty.

Keep us posted on how you make out with the amp.

Dom

Well I got it fixed on my own. I pluged in the G Maj to see if i could resent the relays in the Roadster and got it to work right. Stroke of luck I guess. But aways it working fine. Thanks a lot for the info and in put on things Dom.... And I will Have to check into the Control Switcher.

Thanks Cabal

Back