Roadster Channel 2 problem.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
I spotted a Roadster in GC for $999 so I had to check it out. It was new but it probably sat in GC for a while. In the store everything worked fine, I get it home and when I switch to channel 2 I get volume then it fades out really quick to no sound. Everything else works ok but no sound on channel 2. Well, there is sound for a few seconds then is quickly fades out. Could this be tube related?

Sounds like it; preamp related. Is their reverb engaged? That might explain why there's noise going in and then it fades out?

At which GC did you find this steal? The tubes are under warranty if it's "new". Do you have preamp tubes to swap in?

Well 15 minutes after I posted that I went back put it on standby and left it for a few minutes. Put it on, switched channels around, brought the loop in and out, switched from bold back to spongy,.............and it was working. Wierd!

This is a 2x12 combo and it's like lifting a truck. I'm so-so on the way the combo sounds but I plugged it into my Bogner 4x12 and WOW. Damm thing sounds great with lot's of sounds available. Boost it with a BB Preamp and it's even better. Also I found using a Mesa 1x12 Thiele next to the combo really helps it sounds big.

And whoever said that channel 1 on Tweed with the gain almost maxed makes a great crunch.......that guy gets a cigar. :D

danyeo1 said:
And whoever said that channel 1 on Tweed with the gain almost maxed makes a great crunch.......that guy gets a cigar. :D

Totally agree - responsive and very articulate. Great for blues with guitar volume backed off a bit

I use a similar setting on the MKV, which sounds a bit more open than the Roadster - not better, just different. My tube spec is totally different in both amps, so no surprise ..

i also had that problem.... but makes it in all the channels... i swap all the tubes including the power tubes... and no problem... the last thing i did was taking the loop out and use it like that ever since... awesome sound really !!!

Latest posts

Back