Roadster and (lack of) progressive linkage

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Warner

Reaction score
I think I remember someone on here talking about a set of tubes they bought from eurotubes that consisted of two EL34's and two 6l6's. I tried briefly to find that thread but couldn't come up with it.

If you find something out let us know. I'd be interested in trying that out on my roadster.

Bill you can order from Eurotubes a set of 6L6's that are on the low side so this way they can be run in EL34 Mode. I have this in my Rack Recto right now, what it does is bring the bias up to what it should be, instead of running so cold. So basically you could get two of these tubes and run it with two EL34's and it should sound great.

Bill Warner said:
I think I remember someone on here talking about a set of tubes they bought from eurotubes that consisted of two EL34's and two 6l6's. I tried briefly to find that thread but couldn't come up with it.

If you find something out let us know. I'd be interested in trying that out on my roadster.

I emailed Bob at Eurotubes last night, here is what he had to say:

"Hi Andy:

No problem, they need real hot 6L6’s and a moderate grade on either the E34L’s or the KT77’s if you want more chunk!

Thanks

Bob"

I am seriously thinking about ordering some for my Roadster. The best tones that I got from my Mark IV were with 2-E34L's and 2-6L6's. Rich and creamy while fat and chunky at the same time.

hey rabies, i run my RKII, on modern with the 2 x 6l6 and 2 x el34, and it is the sound i have been lookin for since i started playing guitar. It is amazing. As far as the differences between the roadster and the rkII, the only difference is progressive linkage, and I think that the roadster does not have the speaker cab switching ability.

RK II also has 2 Serial Effects Loops vs only 1 on the Roadster. :D

Back