Roadster and Ace?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingster911

Reaction score
So the Roadster and Stiletto Ace, eh? WHEN ARE THEY COMING OUT?! I want, no no no, NEED a Roadster. I'm not satisfied with the Road King Combo tone (due to the open back). Mark IV tubes inside the Roadster, still 4 channels. Tell me anything you know!

Yeah, I have major GAS for the new Roadster. I heard April as well from the guys at Mesa when I was at NAMM. Keep your eyes open...

Code001 said:
I hear it's going to have the Loan Star clean channel. Is this true?
I called Mesa a couple days ago and talked to Michael Wolf and he told Me that the Roadster is just like the Road King Series II :) , Same Lone Star clean channel and Reverb ,one Series FX Loop,and every thing Else the New Road King Has Except the A+B cab Selector and the 2 EL-34's and he said that it should Be out in April or May.

I heard it would only possess the Lone Star reverb. I have a Road King, but have no use for the power amp selections/Progressive Linkage. I enjoy the options, but feel it's hard to get dialed in permanently for performance. I don't even own a Road King cab, but a basic Rectifier 2x12. With the open-back Road King, I feel the problem is a poppy too-much-mid distorted sound, with some buzz. The Roadster is going to be closed back, and I will try to purchase one. I'm supposed to receive a custom Road King 2x12 combo in Cream Bronco with Wicker Grille, but some piece of hardware is on backorder from a manufacturer supposedly, says Mesa. I have a black Road King 2x12 for the meantime. Does anyone know what the policy is on changing an order and/or when/where to pre-order a custom Roadster in the same color?

The latest price list (Feb'06) notes the Roadster as having a tuner-out with footswitchable mute! :p

I also hear it's gonna come with a little midget that will come out and change channels for you and levels out the volume for you too. :shock: :lol: , Just kidding...... you have to pay extra for that.

visually I didnt like the roadster at namm i thought it look liked a japanese road king copy

tele_jas said:
I also hear it's gonna come with a little midget that will come out and change channels for you and levels out the volume for you too. :shock: :lol: , Just kidding...... you have to pay extra for that.

How bout an "Amp Monkey?"

I'm not fond of the Roadsters looks either, but I'll give it a shot. If it sounds good, then I just may buy one.

yea the looks r very roadtrippish, but let's face facts folks: the road king is the ultimate. whether u want (or even need) the power amp option, its still much better to have than not enough

The progressive linkage power tube selection is one of the main features that makes the RK AWESOME.

So much variety in basic tone....woooo hooooo!

RB

Latest posts

Back