Roadster + 50\50 as slave power amp- opinions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kryho

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone use 50\50 as slave poweramp with Roadster? I plan to get one in order to get stereo, and use only one side. Perhaps it's better to use both channels of 50\50 leaving roadster's poweramp unused to get better balance? How about using EL34s instead of standard 6L6 in50\50?
You got any experience in that? 8)

There are a lot of things you can do. I really depends on what you're going for. I run my Roadster with two different amplifiers in stereo to get some REALLY cool sounds.

What is it you are trying to achieve with this addition?

Eric

basically I want to run my rig in stereo. I just came up with something - is it possible to go like the roadster dry and fx wet thru 50\50? I'd have to separate signal from roadster to go to g-major and then to poweramp. And, of course, will need 2 more cabs or another cab in stereo.
But for now, just stereo.
Any ideas 'bout EL34? that might add some color on the other cab when cranked?

i put EL34 in my roadster and i´m very happy with it.
why not using the roadster with EL34 and the 50/50 with 6L6?

had the old 50/50 in the past and loved the sound with the 6L6 in it.

for a really cool stereo setup i would recommend to get a second head.

good idea! what EL34 would you recommend for roadster? Does it get any more 'british' after that? :wink:

I've had great luck with JJ E34Ls. They don't lose the bottom end like most EL34s do.

It won't turn it into a Marshall, if that's what you're thinking. The tone is still pretty much the same, only it has more bite to it, and the midrange is shifted a little.

like mikey383 wrote
you´re getting more midrange to your sound but you the roadster will not sound like a marshall - it still sounds like a mesa head. maybe you lose a bit of the bottom end, but there´s enough left for shaking your balls. ;)
i´m using EH EL34s.

got the 50\50, just use it's ch A for right side of stereo with roadster poweramp. comparing both - roadster's definitely kicks *** a lot more than 50\50. A lot more punch and air. I think it's possibly the matter of power tubes...

Latest posts

Back