roadking2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calvin1

Reaction score
how do you hook the roadking2 head up to the roadking 2 cab so you can use the toogle switch to change to open side or closed side of the cab or to use all 4 speakers do you hook 2 speaker cables to 8 ohm and 16 ohm holes on the head to the 8 ohm holes on the cab thank you for your help cal.

Use the (2) 4 ohm jacks when hooking to (2) 8 ohm cab jacks like on the RK cab. I was told this by Mesa personally.

thank you mark 111 i didnt want to burn out my transformer. cal and nobody would tell me how to hook them up. thanks again.

machine gun why does it say in the manual pg.12 do not use the spkr. a+b selection when 2 8 ohm cabs are each connected to the 2 4 ohm outputs of each speaker output bank. a 2 ohm load puts excessive strain on the power tubes causing them to wear out unusually fast . thank you for you time cal

Hey cal, I think this refers to hooking up 2 cabs in both 4 ohm jacks of A or B, like hooking up 4 8ohm cabs in all the 4 ohm jacks and then using the A+B setting.

You could give Boogie a call and verify this, but there shouldn't be any problem if you're just hooking up 1 cab in A and 1 cab in B.

"Do not use the SPKR A+B selection when two 8 ohm cabinets are each connected to the two 4 ohm OUTPUTS of each Speaker Output Bank. A 2 ohm load puts an excessive strain on the power tubes causing them to wear out unusually fast."

This wording is really confusing me as well.

Machine Gun said:
Hey cal, I think this refers to hooking up 2 cabs in both 4 ohm jacks of A or B, like hooking up 4 8ohm cabs in all the 4 ohm jacks and then using the A+B setting.

I would HOPE that this is what they mean. Have you found out for sure, Calvin?

flapjack no i have not found out yet im still waiting for the reply. the manual is confusing to me for hooking up the speakers. i think machine gun is right. cal any one else have any opionions thanks cal

Back