RoadKing Ident.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakinetx

Reaction score
How can you tell a series I from a series II? Any external changes to aid identification?

OK, cheers
Prob series 1 as guy dos'nt seem to know (and would thought having it written on it would be abit obvious). He says it's a 2006 but who knows.
Iffin price/sound is right then who cares right :)

It does matter. Series II is supposed to have a much better clean (taken from the Lone Star Classic). Ask him if the front panel reads "Road King" or "Road King II"

Greg

thought he would have noticed that and said so I reckon must be a late series 1 with grille front.

disassembled said:
It does matter. Series II is supposed to have a much better clean (taken from the Lone Star Classic). Ask him if the front panel reads "Road King" or "Road King II"

Greg
Does anyone know what they did to this channel to make it like the Lone Star? I mean how different is the configuration or could a rk 1 be modded to be the same as the RKII in the clean channel?

Whole different circuit apparently so not really possible due to alot of mods.

I bought mine for rock-metal so really don't give a whole hoot about a pristine 'fender-like' clean channel.

Also, playing a buddies ser. II I prefer my channel 2 as the Brit sound is better to my ears.

Anyway, the current 'clean' sound I have is VERY good indeed. Not quite as good as my Rivera but never thought it would be.

Speakers play big part to y'know.

Dakinetx said:

Thats what I was thinking. Also the tube reverb on the seriesII. I really have been pleased with the cleans on the series I. I too have a Rivera and I'm not sure if its better or worse just a little different. I don't use either amps reverb most of the time I prefer my Gmajors reverb.

Dakinetx said:

I bought mine for rock-metal so really don't give a whole hoot about a pristine 'fender-like' clean channel.

Also, playing a buddies ser. II I prefer my channel 2 as the Brit sound is better to my ears.

Anyway, the current 'clean' sound I have is VERY good indeed. Not quite as good as my Rivera but never thought it would be.

Speakers play big part to y'know.

Agreed on the Ch 2 on the Series 1 is better than RK II. But the difference is negligible and if I am buying today...(as I have) it would most def. be the RK II..as the clean tones in ch 1 2 are divine. The clean channels in the RK 1 for me are flat out dull and uninspiring

smsuperstrat said:
Dakinetx said:

Thats what I was thinking. Also the tube reverb on the seriesII. I really have been pleased with the cleans on the series I. I too have a Rivera and I'm not sure if its better or worse just a little different. I don't use either amps reverb most of the time I prefer my Gmajors reverb.

Ahh Rivera... my other favorite amp maker.

Fair enough.
But I got an amazing deal and certainly did'nt buy a Recto for clean tones :twisted:

Back