Roadking distortion vs Triple Rec distortion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollievk

Reaction score
I know there's been a few posts about the RK, but is there a considerable difference between the distortion of the RK and the TR!?? Tight, aggressive, distortion is what I like!

AFAIK, the SR, DR, TR and RK all have the same or very, very similar preamp circuitry. The only difference is in the power amp, as the amount and type of power tubes changes, and obviously your cab, guitars, etc.

But yeah..it's the same ****, bro.

mrd said:
AFAIK, the SR, DR, TR and RK all have the same or very, very similar preamp circuitry. The only difference is in the power amp, as the amount and type of power tubes changes, and obviously your cab, guitars, etc.

But yeah..it's the same sh!t, bro.

and the roadster too.

Yes the sound is very similar. IMO the Road King/Roadster have a smoother sound. With rectos you get tight-ish, aggressive distortion.

MetalMatt said:
Yes the sound is very similar. IMO the Road King/Roadster have a smoother sound. With rectos you get tight-ish, aggressive distortion.

roadster is definitely voiced darker but i think the road king is just as aggressive as a regular DR

yeh, just wanted to check to be honest. I just ordered a TL Audio 5013 2 parametric EQ,can't wait to play around with it on my Triple Rec! MRD, what were the frequencies i saw you post on a previous thread that should be dipped out for less fizz and also tighter bass?? Thanks man

I own a Roadking II and I used to own a Triple Rec. Cleans night and day difference, but the high gain channel are similar with the roadking being less noisy and less fizzy.

I owned a 2-channel DR, and traded up for a RK II. They're very, very similar when you're running 4 6l6's.

Latest posts

Back