Roadking 2 Tube Problem?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shizzybrane

Reaction score
My roadking 2 was working fine for about a year and a half, then all the sudden I lost ALL volume in my third channel. Then, after another month, I lost ALL volume in channels 1 and 2. The only channel thats working for me now is channel 4. What could be wrong? I'm assuming tubes, but is this a power tube or pre-amp tube issue?

sounds to me you have a preamp if not a few preamp tubes gone bad. Replace them all. You say you lost all your volume on your 3rd channel then after a month lost volume on channels 1 and 2. You should never play your amp unless all of your channels are working, you could permantey damage your amp. Call mesa. They will advise you with what to do.

Because of the design, many of the tubes are shared between all four channels so only having one channel working doesn't make sense to me. I would have the amp looked at by a tech for warranty repair. It may have to do with the relay circuits that route the signal.

Latest posts

Back