Road/rack cases?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaz

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a road case with space for my head and rack equipment, does anyone have some recommendations in regards to case vendors/manufacturers? I'm currernty looking at Angstrom Cases on eBay and Cabbage Cases--from which I have to get a custom quote.

Thanks.

If you want to take the time, you can build one for around $120 or less. I did that and it turned out pretty nicely IMO.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=21636

It doesn't have the nice aluminum edges, but it has held up great, is very sturdy and was cheaper than I could have bought one for.

Rock Hard Roadcases has custom-made a few of them for me.

The BEST deal on VERY high quality cases.

Thanks a lot! I'm looking at all of these and debating what I should get. I like how Affordable Cases.com has the option of putting in some rack drawers, useful suckers.

Do most of you guys remove the feet on your recto heads or just leave them?

If the case is built well, there's no need to remove the feet.

In fact, I leave them on for extra "traction" on the inside of the foam and slide a VERY thin piece of foam underneath the feet inside the case to keep the head nice and snug.

Haen't used it yet, but I bought a live-in case from Angstrom for my Dual Rectifier. Looks to be built like a tank. It'll be going on gigs shortly, so I'll let you know how it holds up.

Silverwulf said:
Haen't used it yet, but I bought a live-in case from Angstrom for my Dual Rectifier. Looks to be built like a tank. It'll be going on gigs shortly, so I'll let you know how it holds up.

I'll be waiting to hear! I've already x'd out Cabbage Cases--very nice but way too expensive (like 700 bucks for a 6 space rack + head space) not including shipping.

Is your DR live-in case just the head or the rack + head combo?

I had Angstrom build me a live in case for my GB2x12 cab and it is awesome. I love being able to lock it too - forces the 'kids' at the rehearsal studio to bring their own gear, instead of using other peoples. =) I'm going to get a live in case from Angstrom for my DR next.

Rock hard road cases is the only place I will ever get stuff made. The quality I've seen compared to rock hard is terrible. Every detail is fantastic. Here's a link to my case with my old rig in it.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/mappingtheescape/Press%20Kit/greggearfront.jpg

I cannot stress enough how much detail is put into these cases.

Gregwor said:
Rock hard road cases is the only place I will ever get stuff made. The quality I've seen compared to rock hard is terrible. Every detail is fantastic. Here's a link to my case with my old rig in it.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/mappingtheescape/Press%20Kit/greggearfront.jpg

I cannot stress enough how much detail is put into these cases.

About how much did that setup run you? I don't need near as much rackspace, but just curious.

Latest posts

Back