Road King/Triaxis ?'s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingster911

Reaction score
I have a few things I'd like to discuss: firstly, jamming today with my RKII, very loudly at that, I had the loop engaged aet pretty evenly with my effects. Loop went through phaser, delay and tuner while I had OD, tremolo, and wah in front. It didn't sound very tight to me (if anyone knows any settings I could get for a tighter more searing lead? I can't find any Mark IV's to try around here).

Now, a simpler topic: Does anyone recommend the Triaxis? Sounds like the best thing in the world, why doesn't everyone own one?

Don't know about the roadking, but i have had a triaxis (and a 2:90 as well).
As far as I see it, the triaxis is a very fine piece of gear! You have alot of opportunities, and a nice bank full of different sounds. Together with the 2:90 it was a very nice setup. ESPECIALLY if you play alot of different styles! .....and that was the keyword for me: i don't play many different genres. I play mainly rock/hard rock, and sometimes (NOT very often!) some metal. When having the triaxis i found myself using a clean sound, a dirty one, and the dirty one with a little more dirt (was using an expression-pedal with the traxis, so i could just press it, and have more drive without switching midi-channels. That was a nice feature!) :D . That lead me to the conclusion, that i didn't need all those different sounds the triaxis was able to deliver. Now, this conclusion made me think: "I need two channels; a clean, a dirty one, and something to give me the last drive for soloing, asf." I felt pretty sure about this. I had the triaxis/2:90-setup for about 8-9 years, so it wasn't just because i had GAS (well, maybe a little but it was not the main thing :lol: ). Versatility is a nice thing, WHEN NEEDED! I don't, so about two years ago, i decided to sell the rack, and buy ........a single recto! 50 watts, two channels, one clean and one dirty, and a pedal in front to boost the drive when needed. To tell the truth, i use more pedals now, and just use the clean channel on the recto. But that is something that changes; sometimes the recto distortion is the best, and sometimes a OD-3 Boss pedal is the best....depends on my mood :D
Well, hope you find this usefull. I think i sound like an old ******* when speaking of this "less is more"-thing. That is not my point! My point is more, that you have to decide if you REALLY NEED versatility, OR, when it all comes down to it, if you just need a couple of channels.
b.r. andershoeg

Back