Road King Settings Inside (Including Mark IIc+ and Petrucci)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mloiaco

Reaction score
Here are three of my favorite Road King settings that I've been meaning to post for a long time. I play with all loops totally bypassed, and I created these settings using a Ernie Ball Music Man JP6. Stand off to the side of your speakers when listening to these (actually, you should always stand off to the side when trying to dial in any settings so that your ears aren't misleaded by harsh, short-range, high-end frequencies that are emitted directly in front of the speakers).

You can be almost guaranteed that these settings will sound completely different if you use a different cab (and probably the pickups on my EBMM JP6 help give the Petrucci character), so keep that in mind.

Comments are welcome (good or bad)!

A Mark-ish Setting:
Ch 4
Vintage
2x6L6+2xEL34
Silicone Diode
Presence: 9:30
Bass: 8:30
Mid: 9:15
Trebble: 2:30
Gain: 3:00
Both Open and Closed speakers on the RK 4x12 cab
Spongy
Pentode (for those with a Series 1)

Awesome Sizzle/Harmonics All Around (a la "Voices" by Dream Theater):
Ch 3
Vintage (this will give a different, but awesome tone using Raw, as well)
2x6L6+2xEL34
Tube rectification
Presence: 10:00
Bass: 10:30
Mid: 10:45
Trebble: 1:45
Gain: 3:15
Spongy
Pentode (for those with a Series 1)

Bright Mark IIc+:
Ch 4
Vintage
2x6L6+2xEL34
silicone diode rectification
Presence: 8:00
Bass: 10:45
Mid: 8:55
Trebble: 3:45
Gain: 2:59
Spongy
Try it out with both Triode and Pentode (for those with a Series 1)

I may try these for the hell of it on my blackface tomorrow. By the way, have you tried these Petrucci settings for more modern tones?
http://www.kandashokai.co.jp/sale/jpc04_web/jpc_equip.html

I have a JP6 too, and they sounded killer with my old 3 ch Recto. I switched out the stock bridge pickup in mine for a D-Sonic too now, also sounds killer. :D

The Random Hero said:
I may try these for the hell of it on my blackface tomorrow. By the way, have you tried these Petrucci settings for more modern tones?
http://www.kandashokai.co.jp/sale/jpc04_web/jpc_equip.html

I have a JP6 too, and they sounded killer with my old 3 ch Recto. I switched out the stock bridge pickup in mine for a D-Sonic too now, also sounds killer. :D

Yes, I saw those settings nearly a year ago...I'm not a huge fan of them. Thanks anyway ;-)

No comments yet from any of you RK guys, eh?

C'mon, you've been asking for these for a long time now...I'd like to know how they sound on your rigs.

Latest posts

Back