Road King Series 2+ Info

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mloiaco

Reaction score
I just talked to an old college-friend of mine who works at Mesa Boogie and mostly, he does research. Anyway, he let me in on a little insider-information. I really shouldn't tell, but there are some good people on this forum, and I just think that you all should know...

Mesa Boogie has been exploring possibilities for a Series 2 "+" model of the RK that will be exactly the same as the regular series 2, but it will replace channel 3 with a Mark IV-inspired rhythm channel.

He told me that this feature was actually supposed to be included in the current Series 2 models, but they are still having problems due to the drastic differences in the Recto and Mark IV designs (if you ask me, this is probably why there was such a long 'dead' period between the last of the RK1 and the first of the RK2 shipments). Anyway, he thinks that it will be at least another year until the RK2+ is announced, so don't get all excited just yet.

Personally, I'm super happy to hear this, I just hope that they are able to resolve the problems.

I can't help but laugh if this is true :p

edit: Also, M/B reads this board occasionally from what I heard, you might be getting your friend in trouble here :\

I also heard they're coming out with a long-head TriAxis.... which has knobs instead of left/right buttons!

Happy April Fools Everyone!

I hope none of you cancelled your Series 2 orders after reading this fabricated April Fool's story ;-)

...but adding a Mark IV channel to the RK would be a pretty sweet feature!

The RK2 is in production. They are working on getting a slight chirp out of the channel switching. How is that for insider information.

You can just call me Deepbottom.

Boogiebabies said:
The RK2 is in production. They are working on getting a slight chirp out of the channel switching. How is that for insider information.

You can just call me Deepbottom.

The RK2 has been shipping since at least Wednesday.....

MetalMatt got his two days ago...

:roll:

And mine is soon to come! You shall see pictures soon of my RK II Combo Cream Bronco Wicker Cane grille! I already have a Recto black 2 x 12 cab. Is the RK cab worth it? Is it cool being able to specify speakers? I know I'm going to get another 2 x 12 to actually match my amp, but should i go Recto or RK?

kingster911 said:
And mine is soon to come! You shall see pictures soon of my RK II Combo Cream Bronco Wicker Cane grille! I already have a Recto black 2 x 12 cab. Is the RK cab worth it? Is it cool being able to specify speakers? I know I'm going to get another 2 x 12 to actually match my amp, but should i go Recto or RK?

I have a RK 4x12 that I use with my RK and I can't imagine using anything else (including the RK 2x12). The ability to switch between open/closed/both is one of the most useful tools that I use to shape my tone.

Latest posts

Back