Road King question re: speaker jacks...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riscchip

Reaction score
Greetings,

First post, but I've been reading this forum for some while. Cool place you have here. :D I'm a huge Boogie fan--currently have a DC-3, 1986 Mk III purple & a Road King, as the subject indicates...

...Anyway. I've only had this amp a few days, and I noticed last night that if I plug into the middle 4 ohm speaker output (in the "A" bank of jacks), I get no output at all. If I plug into the jack to the left or right (the other 4 ohm output, or the 8 ohm) I get output to the speaker cabinet just fine. Is the middle 4 ohm output bypassed or something if you aren't plugged into the other 4 ohm output? Not seeing any such mention in the manual, but I wouldn't put it past me to miss it.

Thanks for any thoughts.

I just tried plugging into the middle 4 ohm jack with no problems. Same output from all jacks, so I don't believe your amp is supposed to be doing that.

RB

Thanks for the info!

I guess I'll have to arrange a trip to Boogie for some service. Fortunately, they're only 15 minutes away. :lol:

Back