Road King is here, should I change cabs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there people,

I have a Road King I and I run it through my orange PPC 4X12, a great cab indeed, real body and a lot of low end and punch it works great with my Axe Fx/ Mesa 50/50 rig.

but with the Road King I find the cab (and also most of the people that play through it) a bit too dark for the amp.

when I had an Engl Invader I tried my Orange and a Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilleto and found them to be really different, also try it with my friends Diezel VH4 and with the same results.

I know for a fact that Cabs with the same speakers and different Impedances (orange 16ohm celestions and mesa 8ohm celestions) tend to sound different.

Also the clean channels on the RK sound also too dark with a lot of earthshaking low.

My real problem is that I am in Portugal and I cannot try a Mesa anymore because the shops here have too less of stuff and people are shitheads about it, so I can't just walk into a store and try it with my amp, so I would like some income from you who have experience with this to guide me into trade my cab for a mesa or not.

this IS NOT a matter os ahestetics or brands but I think that the mesa cab could be better tailored for a mesa amp than the orange. my band's other guitar player has a thunderverb 200 and PPC412 stack and it sounds Oh so good, really well balanced, that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks guys (and any girl who might be in this forum (I doubt so )) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back