Road King Grill Cloth

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertcj

Reaction score
I swapped out my black Grill for Tan last night.

If you are looking for the Tan Jute that mesa uses. The Marshall Style Small Weave Cane Grill Cloth from mojo musical supply is the same.

It was a little bit of a pain to do. But it was definitely worth it.

Next up is redoing the cab, but I've had enough fun ill probably do that next weekend.

3087044906_2ee55aa780.jpg

that looks mint !I was thinking along the same lines for my roadster

hey if you have a left over piece about 6 inches wide by like 28 wide I could by it from you Im not gonna do my cab so I hardly need any not really worth buying a whole piece. let me know thanks seth

Here is a list of steps to remove the Road King face
1. Unplug amp, disconnect all cables, and remove power tubes & rectifier tubes
2. Remove four chassis screws from the bottom of the amp
3. Carefully remove chassis
4. Set chassis aside and be careful to not reach inside the amp, there are lethal voltages in the caps.
5. Remove screws from backside of front panel and remove front panel.
6. Remove grill in center of front panel. there are two studs on the ends and screws in the middle that can be accessed by removing the mesa engineering plate
7. Carefully remove 6,000 staples that Mesa Used to hold grill cloth.
8. Staple grill cloth to top of frame.
9. Stretch grill cloth over frame so that it is tight and start stapling to bottom of frame.
10. Carefully cut corners so the sides will lay over, pull tight and staple.
11. Cut center and reapply metal grill.
12. staple some more, until you come close to the 6,000 staples that mesa would have used.
13. reverse steps and reinstall.

Disclaimer - I did not count the number of staples removed, the number given is purely a guess.

Hey man. I just got my grill cloth ripped really bad at a show. I was wondering how hard it was to change the 4X12 grill cloth? Any tips and where to buy cloth would be really gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Copy cat. You're only a few years behind me though ;)

l_b8649bd51fae55ec0512ebd7068e352a.jpg

l_2f8d5928531acf8dbc29ce053d83063c.jpg

Adambomb said:
Hey man. I just got my grill cloth ripped really bad at a show. I was wondering how hard it was to change the 4X12 grill cloth? Any tips and where to buy cloth would be really gratefully appreciated. Thanks

It's a PIA. There are thousands of staples holding the grill cloth on. The OP says where he got his from. I would say Vibroworld, but they've been closed for a couple years now.

that looks great! would you know where to get the silver grill cloth and the blue vinyl for a lonestar special?

Hey, the amps look great. I have a mesa triple rectifier amp head and was wondering if it was possible to replace the metal diamond cut look? It seems to be glued on and I don't want to damage anything if that is the case.

Also I am going to be doing my cabinet in this today and was wondering if there was any advice before I dive into it?

Latest posts

Back