Road King FX Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Courtney

Reaction score
When I have my Boss DD-5 Delay pluuged into the FX loop, and I turn the loop on, I get a loud pop. And since I am using delay, the pop delays...this happen on any channel. Does anyone know if this is normal, and what is the cause of this? Thanks

Jeff

Most definately NOT normal. I'm not sure what could be causing it. Try it with another effect in the loop...I doubt that will make a difference, but try it. My loops are dead quiet when I engage them. I recommend a trip to your Authorized Boogie Repairman-person-woman-whatever.

RB

Definately try another FX in the loop, or even nothing in the loop just run a cable from the send to the return and see if it pops. If it doesn't pop, it has to do with your pedal, if it does pop then it has to do with the Boogie.

Thanks I will try it out tonight when I get to band practice. I havent used the FX loop till lately, my loop 1 does it with my chorus pedal, but not as loud. But I will try it the way you guys suggested, with no effects and different effects. I guess if it does it with no effects then i dont even need to try it with other effects right? Would this be something that is covered under a warranty? The amp is still under the 5 year manufacture warranty, plus an additional 2 year GC, so will i have to pay to get it fixed in the case if it is the amp and not the pedal? Thanks!

Jeff

ok, so I tried the different options I had. First I tried going through the FX loop with the send hooked up into the return with nothing plugged in. There was a little pop that wasnt noticable at low volumes, until you crank the amp then you can hear it. Then I tried the delay in loop 2 and I get a loud pop whether the delay is on or off, same with loop 1. Then I also tried the boss tuner in there and the pop was about the same as without anything, so I think its probably the pedal causing it. However, when I have the amp turned on, and the FX loop off, and I plug the send into the input of the pedal, there is a buzz noise just like plugging a guitar into a amp while its on. That didnt seem like it should be happening...what do you guys think I should do?

I believe it's time to call Mesa, ask for all the authorized repair shops in your area, and bring it in.

When I had the diode problem with mine. I got the names of the shops from Mesa, and then called them all to ask about turn-around time. Then I asked some of my fellow musicians for their opinions on the different shops. I went with the one that had the best reputation(and coincidentally the best turn-around time).

I think that's the best course of action.

RB

Back