Road King Combo settings PDF

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveythomas

Reaction score
I ordered a Road King Combo in June, received it in September, and just shipped it (the internals) back to Mesa for a repair to the reverb. They were great and arranged for a UPS pickup. Hope it will arrive back sometime soon.

I am still working on my sound and I wanted a visual way to save my settings so I made this PDF. I printed it out and marked my settings with a pen. Perhaps some of you other RK combo users might find this useful as well.

Here is a link to the PDF.

http://www.astronaut3.com/roadkingsettings.pdf

- davey

Nice, very nice. Had my Road King head for a year now. I've probably dialed in hundreds of settings but could never figure out how to get them again. I made a MS Word document to help me record my settings. I keep blank sheets on a clipboard next to my amp. Now I have a record of where I've been so I can get back there again. I am no longer frustrated.

http://noodles.home.texas.net/Music/RoadKingHeadSettings.doc

That's cool, Davey. Looks like a lot of work to get there, though. Couldn't you just have copied page 27, and put white out over the prescribed Mesa settings, or scan/edit it? It would seem that would be easier. A lot of gear instruction manuals have blank user settings pages, like mixers and gates, even some guitar amps. I wonder why Mesa didn't include one for the most complex amp ever?

Yeah, I guess I could have copied it out of the manual, but as a designer/programmer I wanted it to be just how I needed it, with all 4 channels on one page. I like what happystrat did with the MS word doc by adding the setting title/description

The next step, is to make it an interactive multimedia thing connected to a database much like the settings database, but in this graphical format.

- davey

The RK manual could have been thought out a little better. There's some pics/diagrams for the combo and some for the head version. I was going to copy the pages from the manual too, but they are geared for the combo, so when I enter these settings, I have to do it from right to left which I always screw up. Maybe I could just turn my head upside down and it would work just fine.

Latest posts

Back