Road King Combo and Cabinet Switching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveythomas

Reaction score
I was looking in the Road King manual for what it says about using multiple cabinets with cabinet switching and I am a bit confused.

Lets say I want to use the combo speakers for CH1 and CH2 and an external closed back cabinet for CH3 and CH4. To have this work correctly I would use cabinet switching on the RK with the combo speakers in A and the external cabinet in B.

Now, lets talk ohms. For this, lets assume that the combo speakers are 8 ohm and the cabinet is 8 ohm.

The manual talks about correct matches and safe mismatches but it seems that this is with using multiple cabinets for the same set of outputs. Like if I wanted to put both the combo speakers and external cabinet using output A, I would plug them both into the 4 ohm inputs for a correrct match.

But, with cabinet switching, to me it seems logical that they would be plugged into 8 ohm on A and 8 ohm on B.

Then again, what happens when I have the little switch on the back for CH3 set to go through A and B?

Latest posts

Back