RK2 and Lone Star cleans - what´s the deal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubiux

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm new here and I'm hoping I can get some help from you guys. The RK2 has the Lone Star cleans but what about the rest? how close to an actual Lone Star can you get using an RK2? This might sound like a pretty retarded Q but the point is that the amp will be used in a studio and I will need maximum versatility without buying half a dozen of heads. One could perhaps argue that I should get a used Lone Star and another amp instead of paying the same amount for a RK2.

Thoughts?

well its not gonna be identical but the cleans are fantastic and with the modes you have a lot of versatility but id say if you can play a lone star and a roadster/RK2 back to back and see how you feel about the differences.

Both the Roadster and the Road King II have the Lonestar Reverb and Cleans. I think the Mark V may have the Lonestar reverb and cleans as well. I say buy a Roadster. Quite a bit less than the RKII and a whole lotta amp.

Read this extremely in-depth review of the Road King II to understand all the similarities and differences:

http://www.musicplayers.com/reviews/guitars/2006/0906_MesaBoogieRoadKing.php

Yes, you have the Lone Star clean channel voicing, and its reverb. The other channels are pure recto territory, but if vintage tone is more your speed, just throw the sag switch on the back and the amp transforms itself into another beast entirely.

Scott

Latest posts

Back