RK volume normalities?????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadKinger483

Reaction score
I'm using 4 6L6's with the diode setting on CH.1 on my RK and 50 watt settings on all the other channels. Channel 1 volume is cranked to about 3 o'clock and the other settings are all below 12 o'clock. So, if i want to go louder on the drive channels I can but, I can't on the clean even though its at 100 watts. I don't remember my DR head being this way. Do you guys think there might be something wrong with the amp? Maybe a preamp tube or something?

what do you mean with, "the clean channel cant go louder"? do you mean: the sound gets distorted, or that the sound doesnt get louder as you turn your volume/gain pot up?

Try turning up the gain on the clean channel a little bit.

You also may want to look on the back at your cab selection switch...

It may be on the A/B setting...and if you don't have an actual A & B cab (just the 1 cab and the dummy plug), that will kill about 70% or more of your volume in that channel.

This had happened to me a few times...nearly causing me to call Mesa, until my tech mentioned this... must have inadvertently bumped the switch to the middle while fiddling with the controls back there. :oops:

the gain is at about 12 o'clock butno more than 1-1:30 as it will start to add gain. now with the volume at 3 thats about as loud as i'll get it. The 50 watt channels are a lot louder. plus, i can get them louder at the gig if i need to where as the clen i would have to turn the gain up which wouldn't be clean anymore.

My RK II, is crazy loud even on just 2 El-34s, Spongy, Tweed, gain at 11 O'Clock. :shock:

Latest posts

Back