RK II + BB Preamp + EQ (Loop) = Tight Focused Leads

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAZZGEAR

Reaction score
Just added the BB Preamp to my pedalboard. In the loop I have an MXR 10 band EQ....

All I can say is, wow, what a huge difference....tight focused liquid leads. I had been struggling to tighten up the leads --and the addition of the BB preamp alone did wonders, the EQ just allows you to focus your tone a bit better.

Another issue for me was that I couldn't get that tight liquid sustaining leads at lower volumes, so I also added a Fulltone FAT boost in the loop, Drive button at around 3, Volume at 12...Now I can get those sounds at bedroom levels -- with the overall output on the RK II at barely 7 -8 O'clock.

Any one else using this setup with either their Recto or RK? :wink:

I just ordered the BB Preamp - I can't wait! Looks like you got a nice set up.

I'v been using it on everything. Try in the Ch. 2 with the new Brit mode.
It turns into a Stiletto !!!

It tightens the Rectifiers up amazingly well. It is by far my favorite preamp/verdrive ever. It's true bypass, transparent, versatile, smooth and quiet. The best part is mine shines like a new penny.

My friend owns a music store in NY and threw me a smokin deal on the BB and a D-Sonic for the EBMM JP.

www.stevesmusiccenter.com

I ordered mine on Ebay - they've oversold them, so I'll have to wait a week. It's supposed to be the hottest pedal right now.

Boogiebabies said:
My friend owns a music store in NY and threw me a smokin deal on the BB and a D-Sonic for the EBMM JP.

www.stevesmusiccenter.com

Yeah, I ordered both the BB Preamp and the Fulltone Fat Boost from them....for a nice combo price.

I've known Steve since I was 15. That's 20 years of doing business with him. He is a very rare individual who is extremely kind and cares about what he does and his customers.

Back