RK II and an Alesis QuadraVerb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peace

Reaction score
Hello everyone....

I was just given an Alesis QuadraVerb... It's not being used for anything at the moment and so I asked if I could borrow it for an extended period of time (ie indefinitely/forever) and so, with great generosity, it was given to me to use as I wish.....

I have the RK II with the External Trigger setup...... I'd like to use it (the quadraverb) for some ambient, always running in the background, fatten up my sound, type delay but I'd also like to possibly control it a bit if that is at all possible.... Maybe just the ability to engage/disengage... Additional control would be nice but I'll take what I can get with little or no additional investments/purchases...

My questions are;

1. What is the best way to set this unit up to run with my rig?

and

2. Is it possible to incorporate the External Trigger into the setup so I have some small control over the unit if I want/need it and how would I set that up as well?

Your expertise and insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info. 8)

Peace

1. You want to get two mono instrument cables and run the quadraverb in the effects loop. Go from the amp SEND to the Quadraverb mono input and from the Quadraverb's mono output to the loop's RETURN jack.

On a Road King II, just use your first effects loop. Start with the levels up at around 12:00 on the back of the amp. If you have the original Road King, one loop is Series and one is Parallel -- hook the Quadraverb up to the Series loop.

2. The Trigger jack wouldn't be used at all with the Quadraverb. You can bypass the FX loop with the Boogie foot controller. When you get your levels set right, there shouldn't be a real noticeable volume change when you pull the quadraverb out of the loop via the footswitch.

Scott

Latest posts

Back