RK channel 2 blues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaredface

Reaction score
I've been able to dial in pretty much anything I want on this monster. But the brit mode just seems to be completely uselss. I am immediately hearing that marshall "honk" that I get from my other marshall's but the whole body of the tone just falls to pieces, no bass thin mids and a very brittle high end.
Settings:
presence:11clock
bass:1clock
Mid: 11clock
treble: 1 clock
gain:12clock

Help.

My bad I guess I was mistaken, I thought this was a mesa/boogie forum....Nevermind.

Crank the treble and gain, and set the rest to taste. And if you think Marshall tones are about bass and not being bright, think again. All those classic Marshall tones are like that. It's only when amps like the Rectifiers hit the scene, everyone wanted an amp with more lows or whatnot...

KH Guitar Freak said:
Crank the treble and gain, and set the rest to taste. And if you think Marshall tones are about bass and not being bright, think again. All those classic Marshall tones are like that. It's only when amps like the Rectifiers hit the scene, everyone wanted an amp with more lows or whatnot...

If you say that a jcm 800 or a jtm-45 had a "thin" tone you need to think again. As being a previous owner of both I will have to say that statement is 100% wrong. There tones where as followed; tapered low end with beffy mids, and bell like high. Far from anything Im gettin out of the brit mode.

Jaredface said:
I've been able to dial in pretty much anything I want on this monster. But the brit mode just seems to be completely uselss. I am immediately hearing that marshall "honk" that I get from my other marshall's but the whole body of the tone just falls to pieces, no bass thin mids and a very brittle high end.
Settings:
presence:11clock
bass:1clock
Mid: 11clock
treble: 1 clock
gain:12clock

Help.

Hi ,

had the same problem and come closer to my target using these two options:

a) you need to activated the loop so that you can crank the master of channel 2 around 3-4 o'clock (pushing the El34 into distortion, not your preamp tubes) and you will get closer to waht you're looking for. Minus: all the other channels are mismatched in loudness.
b) use a bb preamp stompbox in front to push a bit

Both work for me using an american deluxe strat....

By the way, my RKI has a far better "brit" mode then the RKII has...

Pino

Jaredface said:
KH Guitar Freak said:

If you say that a jcm 800 or a jtm-45 had a "thin" tone you need to think again. As being a previous owner of both I will have to say that statement is 100% wrong. There tones where as followed; tapered low end with beffy mids, and bell like high. Far from anything Im gettin out of the brit mode.

Not to be rude, but I think you need to proof read my comment again. All I said was sounding bright, never did I say it sounded thin. And no, if you dial in the settings for Brit mode right, it's not thin either. It might not be like those Marshalls you've mentioned, but you have played a Vintage Modern, the Brit mode dialed in right sounds very similar. And if you lower the gain setting, you can get it sounding somewhat like a JTM 45 as well...

Latest posts

Back