Rivera Amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerj1

Reaction score
Folks.. got someone offering me an even trade of my Rectoverb 50W Series 1 for a Rivera s120 head. I have no reference at all to the Rivera's, but I've read all of the fame about them. The s120 seems to have so many freakin' knobs on it which somewhat bothers me,, I'm more of a "less is best" when it comes to amps. Anyhow, what do y'all think about the Riveras? Is this a good deal? Thanks!
Scott

Rivera's from my playing with them haven't really amazed me too much but the guitarist from Saigon kick used them and he had some good metal tones and some **** amazing blues tones as well. I guess if you played with them they would sound really good but the ones I've played with I didn't have enough time to dial in a great sound.

Rivera is my other favorite amp maker. Does two things really well. Cleans and a Marshall crunch. Not as balsey as a Boogie but almost. Riveras have the best reverb anywhere. Try before you buy. These amps are also indestructable. Mesas and Boogies are all modified Fender designs. Good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback. I made the trade and I'm completely satisfied, Got the s120 head.. its amazing! I'm more of the bluesy rock type and those tones are easily attainable in this amp. Yes, the reverb kicks ***,, I had the series 1 rov and was so disappointed in the reverb. I had also ordered/spec'd a 6 spring accutronics (did all the Z matching and all) and it still didn't help. Seems like others had done some circuit mods to add a little gain in that to help.. but I didn't go that far with it. Anyhow, I'm very pleased with the Rivera.

Back