ringing noise at times. Meas f-30

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbpatter83

Reaction score
When playing my Mesa F30 at moderate to loud volume on certain usually low frequency notes I can hear a faint sort of ringing sound of pretty sort duration and is annoying. the best description I can think of is a distant shaking of a tambourine sound in the amp. I thought it might be something in the room I was in but I moved tha amp to another room and it was still there but more localized to the amp. If I fiddle with some knobs it will seemingly go away but will soon return. Could that be classified as tube microphonics?

Thanks for any suggestions

HP

Could be microphonics. I have a similar symptom with all of my guitars only the ringing is caused by my guitars. I have to pull the tip I learned from Dimebag by putting a piece of foam under the strings behind the nut and between the bridge/tailpiece. When I had floyd equipped guitars it was horrendous and I had to put foam in the spring cavity too.

R_ADKINS80 said:
Could be microphonics. I have a similar symptom with all of my guitars only the ringing is caused by my guitars. I have to pull the tip I learned from Dimebag by putting a piece of foam under the strings behind the nut and between the bridge/tailpiece. When I had floyd equipped guitars it was horrendous and I had to put foam in the spring cavity too.

Thanks for the reply..

Very interesting! I called Mesa and they suggest tube microphonic's but I never thought about the guitar being the culprit. I'll try the foam to see if that get's rid of it.. That's easy to do.

Thanks

HP

I just got through adjusting the tube clips on the rectifier because of this very same reason. A slight 'rattle' on certain notes like something loose was vibrating. It turned out to be that clip at the base of the rectifier tube was set a little too open. Pull the tube and finger squeeze the clips closer together was all that was needed. Maybe this might help you?

MikeK said:
I just got through adjusting the tube clips on the rectifier because of this very same reason. A slight 'rattle' on certain notes like something loose was vibrating. It turned out to be that clip at the base of the rectifier tube was set a little too open. Pull the tube and finger squeeze the clips closer together was all that was needed. Maybe this might help you?

Going to work on the amp today so I'll definately give that a go with all of the tubes.

Thanks

HP

Back