Reverb Tank Replacement

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigs_Boogie

Reaction score
Hey,
Can I use a reverb tank that was in a Fender Twin Reverb in my Mark IIa? I know that for example accutronics tanks come in different ohms ratings for input and output and dont know if that will hurt the boogie by trying to use it if it doesnt match up.

A second reverb question would be, say I decided to use a reverb pedal like a Verbzilla or a Holy Grail plus, instead of a reverb tank, is it safe to not have any reverb tank plugged into the back of the boogie? Or does the boogie have to see a load thorugh the reverb input. If it is safe to run without a reverb tank, does not having a reverb tank in the signal path affect the performance in any way?

ThankS

You do not have to have the reverb tank plugged in to operate the amp. If it is unplugged your reverb knob will just not do anything - the tone will be the same without.

As for the replacement... Refer to the part numbers stamped on the tank and check what each number/letter stands for by going to the Accutronics website. If everything is the same (minus the decay length and reverb type) then it should work just fine in either amp.

Latest posts

Back