Reverb tank for my Rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melvin1011

Reaction score
I've pretty much narrowed down my dead reverb issue to the tank. I measured the resistance across the output RCA connector and it's open when it should be around 2.5k. The problem is because I don't know who owned the amp when the reverb quit working, I don't know if its the original tank. M/B was no help, the tech said he didn't even know what model tanks they put into them? I checked Accutronic's web site and found the model number, but I can't find a distributor for this exact model. How critical are the input / output impedences on reverb tanks? If any rectoverb owners here know exactly which replacement tank I need, please let me know.
Thanks

Melvin1011 said:
I've pretty much narrowed down my dead reverb issue to the tank. I measured the resistance across the output RCA connector and it's open when it should be around 2.5k. The problem is because I don't know who owned the amp when the reverb quit working, I don't know if its the original tank. M/B was no help, the tech said he didn't even know what model tanks they put into them? I checked Accutronic's web site and found the model number, but I can't find a distributor for this exact model. How critical are the input / output impedences on reverb tanks? If any rectoverb owners here know exactly which replacement tank I need, please let me know.
Thanks
You have to use the same tank as what it came with. Order it directly from Accutronics like I did for my Rivera R55-12 and it will be about $25 + shipping and take a week. If you don't think the tank model is the same as the original, Mesa should be able to help like they did on my F-100, so try them again, or ask someone to look at their Rectoverb's tank.

BTW, the Accutronics tank in my F-100 combo is a 9BB3A1B, which is the longest tank (9"), with the most springs (6), and longest delay times (2.75-4 secs). I should think your tank would be the same.

hal9000 said:
BTW, the Accutronics tank in my F-100 combo is a 9BB3A1B, which is the longest tank (9"), with the most springs (6), and longest delay times (2.75-4 secs). I should think your tank would be the same.

Hal, You are correct, my tank is almost identical to yours except that mine is the medium delay time, so my number is 9BB2A1B.

Melvin1011 said:
hal9000 said:

Hal, You are correct, my tank is almost identical to yours except that mine is the medium delay time, so my number is 9BB2A1B.
Cool. Well, if you wanted a little longer reverb tail, you could substitute my model for yours since everything else is the same.

Latest posts

Back