Reverb Problem - Mark IV - Update

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trem

Reaction score
Dear All,

My IV A has been giving me headaches. Lately the reverb hasn't been working. When I turn up the reverb level, what I get is an overdriven sound, and a nasty one at that, even when I am on the clean channel. Tube swaps didnt help. What can I do short of going to a tech? I don't trust my local tech.

Thanks a lot. Any input is greatly appreciated.

~trem

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13856&highlight=

I had a hum problem, that was eventually traced and corrected, however, the advice of what to look and check for could be of some help.

I remember a posting on this . Something about a component going bad and turning the reverb circuit into a 1 watt amp ?

I've fixed it. I really don't know what I did though. I just opened up the reverb tank, cleaned the whole thing up, cleaned the jack contacts, made sure the cable works and made sure the correct plugs go through the correct jacks. Thanks for all the replies.

~trem

It was probabaly just oxidation on the reverb connections - this is a common issue. Now that you cleaned them, you should be all set for another few years.

Latest posts

Back