reverb for stiletto deuce?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dag

Reaction score
hey guy's

i'm a proud stiletto deuce owner. i love this amp!
it fits everything in my coverband from old ccr to iron maiden and metallica

i love the cleans but i would like to spice them up with some reverb. does anybody know a good reverbpedal? i don't really like bosspedals (allthough i still have a couple). i've heard some good things about the holy grail reverb but haven't got the chance to try one out. you don't find those things a lot here in Belgium.
What does it need? nothing special just a good reverb, simple as hell!

thanks a lot guys
greets

I have the holy grail plus from their newer line. I believe it has an additional mode compared to the regular holy grail but the main reason I got it is because of its smaller footprint. Sounds quite nice - not as good as an onboard spring but not too bad - and best of all it's true bypass so it doesn't rob tone when off like those boss pedals.

hey dag i use a stiletto deuce too, i use the EH holy grail for my reverb pretty much the best for its price, versatile, realistic sounding reverb. obviously its not going to sound the same an onboard spring reverb, but about as close as you'll get from 1'a and 0's. the line 6 reverb unit is good but very pricey...

I use the Holy Grail Plus on my Stiletto. I like everything about it except for the silly 9.6v power supply the pedal wants.

I am currently using the Line 6 Verbzilla. It sounds good and has alot of control options as to level,decay, predelay and tone as well. It also has 11 different reverbs to choose from and also runs very quiet. The pedal is built like a brick. I like it for now but am hoping that with all the pedal manufactures out there someone is going to nail it.

http://line6.com/tonecore/verbzilla.html

+1 for Verbzilla.

dmotisko said:
I am currently using the Line 6 Verbzilla. It sounds good and has alot of control options as to level,decay, predelay and tone as well. It also has 11 different reverbs to choose from and also runs very quiet. The pedal is built like a brick. I like it for now but am hoping that with all the pedal manufactures out there someone is going to nail it.

http://line6.com/tonecore/verbzilla.html

hey guys

thanks a lot for the comments! i think i'm gonna check out the holy grail, the line 6 got a lot more than i need for and i kind to need to watch my money, i just bought a new rectifier cab.

greets
Dag

Don't know which way you went. I've gone away from reverb and have been using more delay (a Memory Man Deluxe or Diamond Memory Lane). I've tried most of the reverb pedals. I returned a Holier Grail because of too much hiss. I ended up with a Verbzilla and thought it was the best of the lot.
The Tremoverb from TRex is intriguing.

inigo montoya said:
Don't know which way you went. I've gone away from reverb and have been using more delay (a Memory Man Deluxe or Diamond Memory Lane). I've tried most of the reverb pedals. I returned a Holier Grail because of too much hiss. I ended up with a Verbzilla and thought it was the best of the lot.

I just got a verbzilla for my stilleto deuce. I thought it was only okay, then I tried it in the fx loop and WOW! It sounds 100% better and is way more usable in the loop . :D Be sure to try it, it makes a HUGE difference!

I did a side by side comparison of the Boss RV5 and the Line 6 Verbzilla. The Boss RV5 blew it away and that is what I bought. You will spent $150 but it is well worth it.

I just got a Mr. Springgy from Lee Jackson. That thing sounds way nice!
Here's a youtube clip of someone demo'ing one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD6mqGMkBC4
There is also some nice clips on Lee Jackson's website.
That said, I've also had an EH Holy Grail Plus I really liked. Great peda too!

For full-featured reverb pedals the tc electronics Nova Reverb is really hard to beat. Very tweakable, sounds great as long as you're looking for "normal" reverb sounds. It's not cheap but it's better value than, for example, the Holiest Grail.

The Holy Grail is good at what it does, it just doesn't do much.

boogietone said:

Bingo. I have owned them all and just got rid of the T-Rex Room Mate reverb. that one was good, but not 369.99 worth of good. On a chance (and due to the flawless reviews both on HC and his site) I bought a Mr. Springgy by Lee Jackson last week and the only thing I was able to say was HOLY ****. My Stiletto now has the reverb it was missing from the factory!

Lee was a great guy to deal with ad fielded all of my annoying questions happily.

I really have to say that my reverb search is over. EH, Boss and the like are really 0101010101010101 toys compared to this thing. If you can get your hands one one, it will answer your needs.

Sounds perfect on both clean and gain settings. I put it on my board and have now started turning my DC reverb off and using this thing. Killer.

Good luck.

jman7272 said:
boogietone said:

Bingo. I have owned them all and just got rid of the T-Rex Room Mate reverb. that one was good, but not 369.99 worth of good. On a chance (and due to the flawless reviews both on HC and his site) I bought a Mr. Springgy by Lee Jackson last week and the only thing I was able to say was HOLY sh!t. My Stiletto now has the reverb it was missing from the factory!

Lee was a great guy to deal with ad fielded all of my annoying questions happily.

I really have to say that my reverb search is over. EH, Boss and the like are really 0101010101010101 toys compared to this thing. If you can get your hands one one, it will answer your needs.

Sounds perfect on both clean and gain settings. I put it on my board and have now started turning my DC reverb off and using this thing. Killer.

Good luck.

Yup. I'm very happy with mine!

inigo montoya said:

I have had no hiss problems with the holier grail pedal.

Back