Reverb/Combo Amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gitapik

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a Mark IIB combo. Reverb and EQ. Great amp. Up 'till now I've had the gain set at 7-8. My go to reverb sound blends perfectly with both the Lead and Clean channels at that setting.
Now I'm into a more subtle OD, so I set the gain at about 5. I love the sound, but the reverb cuts when I switch from the Clean channel. If I turn it up for the Lead channel, it's too much on the Clean...
I'm wondering if I need a mod (I know Mike's IIC mod deals with this problem) or a separate pedal?

I think the FX loop mod sorts this problem, as well as some inherent glitches of the IIB. It improves the lead channel's sensitivity too.

>Photi G< said:
I think the FX loop mod sorts this problem, as well as some inherent glitches of the IIB. It improves the lead channel's sensitivity too.
Thanks...I'm curious about the lead channel. All of the clips I've seen and heard featured metal and heavy rock stuff. I like that stuff, a lot...but am more into a lighter OD, nowadays. Blues. Some country. Jazz fusion.
Seen or heard anybody working that mod in any of those genres?

Back