Reverb and delay pedals with my recto...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have been using a TC Electroncis M-300 multieffects in the loop of my recto for my effects (mostly reverb and delay).

Ever since day one, engaging the loop has really made my tone dull...especially for putting delay on my solos...looses all attack and becomes dull.

So, I'm thinking this may be the fault of hte processor....might be time to run single pedals in my loop...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I use two delay pedals with my recto.. I've never liked effect processors so I can't compare directly but I know the sound you're talking about.. like a blanket over your amp. The Boss DD-3 and the EH Deluxe Memory Man I have both don't do this if you match the volume to slightly above unity gain.

I was thinking about going with the DD-3 for the delay...how about reverb?

It's really bothering....poor poor quality on those...big blanket over my tone.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I was thinking about going with the DD-3 for the delay...how about reverb?

It's really bothering....poor poor quality on those...big blanket over my tone.

Personally I don't like reverb, rather using a good analog delay will give you the same effect as well as a chorus sound too or a properly tuned high gain tube amp will provide all the sustain you could ever want. I can understand if you're going for a spooky hall reverb sound, that'd be different, but usually reverb is an ugly effect that takes away from tone. You'd like the EH Deluxe Memory Man.. unfortunately it's pricey and about to become extinct as they're running out of the IC's for it.

The DD-3 is a great pedal on the last setting (the longest time setting on it) only which makes it kind of limiting.. so I dial it for a short delay but then phrase it into my Deluxe Memory Man which is set much longer.

Here's an example of the DMM:
http://platypus.memoryfire.com/guitar/platypus%20-%20nofidelity.mp3
http://platypus.memoryfire.com/guitar/platypus%20-%20slingshot.mp3

The reverb would be mostly for cleans...it really brings some life to the recto's cleans, or I think!

But maybe a good delay, without the blanket effect, will help there...

The DMM sounds great, but it's a bit pricey...I really don't want to spend any more money at the moment....more of a swap my unit for pedals...

Would the DD-3 cover me well?

Will I be able to live without the reverb?

I'd play one.. I found it very limiting as I said. It's great a long delay but it's short sounds like you're inside a metal tube.

Man, I bought a Build Your Own Clone analog chorus kit that I throw in the loop of my clean channel and it sounds killer! I have reverb on my Tremoverb and would rather run the chorus, it sounds better.

I just read something about how the M-300 reverts to analog mode if there's a problem with the digital input. This would most definitley explain how it sounds muffled. Is it still under warranty to where you can get it checked out?

Are you removing the dry signal from the M-300 and using the fx loop to blend the effected sound from the processor with the amp's dry sound?

I have no idea...I got the processor off of a friend for $50....

And yes, I believe I am running everything correctly.

I just tried my VisualSound H2O in the loop of my Ace. It sounds really good. The delay side of the pedal is very clean and adds some depth/reverb effect. I dont use much in the way of delays but this might change my mind. The chorus sounds a bit phaser-ish though...didn't sound that way in front of the amp, may need to tweek settings. I was considering a g-major for reverb/chorus but this may be a good "fix" for now.

Since the drop I hear in the loop is the about same with or without the DD6 +CH1 I put in the loop, I would assume its the M300. There is a difference, but it's not significant.

A bit of a side track, but I used a Diamnond memory lane for a year and that was amazing, heavy cost though. I let it go because it just wasnt getting the usage, its great though.

For delay get the BOSS DD-20. Its very analog sounding. You can also try the Ibanez DE-7 which is also very analog sounding.

For reverb get an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail.

Latest posts

Back