Revamping my dual!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishSasquatch

Reaction score
well, i recently acquired a 1994 dual rectifier (brand new mesa tubes, 6l6's) the sound is orgasmic, but the exterior needs some work. right nwo it has corners that arent even from ANY mesa (i think theyre from a fender or something.) and its got a green tolex (also not factory) and it;s in pretty brutal shape. I want to recover the amp in a white snakeskin kinda, and then order some riginal mesa corners in black to contrast the skin..what you think? I just don;t knwo if i should get ipod, or this first! my mom's already pissed at me cuz i spent over a grand on this oh so lovely amp- so she doesn;t want me spending any MORE money on it, and also she doenst want me to blow 450 on an ipod. w.e. it's my money

Go for it if it bothers you!

Personally, I think that a little roughness gives it some nice mojo, but not too much....

Polish....are you from Poland? Currently resident?

yeah liek it's cool, gives it attitude liek you said, the only thing that REALLY bothers me is the corners. they look dumb. what i may just do, is just replace the corners, at least for now.
and yes, i am polish, but i'm not in poland. I live in ontario-just my whoel family is from there.

Same here...1st generation Pole in AZ.

Do you speak it?

As for the corners, I assume you can get replacements for those easily.

if its green get those tan leather ones from mesa theyll look awesome! Keep it ratty looking man! Shiny Gear is for stock brokers who jam in their bedrooms.

Guitars and amps are for playing and are meant to show that they've seen more then one room!

If you can get the corners, have you thought about installing them? They were originally nailed in! If they are/were removed, you don't want to install another nail in the same hole! You may have to fill those holes in so the new nails will hold/grab onto something! Just something to think about! Personally, it's already been recovered/devalued so why not personalize it, that's what I'd do, recover it! Maybe in Crocodile though. :idea: :wink:

hey ibanez, yeah i speak it, (understand and write it too) it was my frist language actually.
I heard of a local fabric place (beauclairs or sumthign) that sells snakeskin tolex, and more importantly they sell the boa looking one, (u kwno the black/brown/tan one?) which is originally what i wated to get but couldnt find on the net. im going in 2 days to chek it out. If it's not too expensive i'm definitly redoing my recto in teh brown boa skin.
The corners though-i;m gogin to screw them in. i'll drill pilot holes and then just screw them in. the current corners are off a fender or sumthign so those holes from the current corners gotta go. I just hope that the extra holes from the current corners don't interfere witht he new ones :(

I'd go for the recover, it's your amp make it reflect your personality. I saw your picture in the post your rig section, yes, those corners are hideous! I like the green though. Congrats on the purchase.

I'd do the recover. Although the Mesa corners are a ***** to install because you need to use the rivets and your corners (tolex) must be perfect or any slop will ghost through the leather corners. Go to ampwares.com or mojomusicalsupply.com to get the tolex and black metal corners. Use contact cement and it'll look great. Here are two cabs I built myself and covered in Mesa black tolex with Bogner wicker grills and black metal corners.

BTW, you can see some construction pics of the cabs on my site: www.dafguitars.com. I have more pics of the tolex application I need to upload.

Good luck.

Dave

diy_cabs_done_1.JPG

diy_cabs_done_2.JPG

Xspider FingersX said:
Keep it ratty looking man! Shiny Gear is for stock brokers who jam in their bedrooms.

:lol: :lol:
Hey! I resent / resemble that remark!!!
I'm a stock broker and I'm rockin and rollin my way through life!
Check out my band site: www.thetimecircus.com

Yeah, dude don't sweat it if your amp looks beat up! On the contrary, it is cool...road dings and mars give it character although I can also see how you wouldn't want goofy looking corners.

:)

Latest posts

Back