Resistor help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogietone

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me the value of resistor R111 in a MKIII 60 watt head. Also, where I might buy a replacement for the resistor.
Thanks!

39 Ohms. Any 1/2 watt carbon or metal film resistor will do. To keep things uniform, I would call Mesa and order two from them. R111 is the resistor just to the left of the first filter cap on the bottom right of the preamp board and works with the four 1N4007 diodes to for a rectifier bridge so the V1 can run DC heater voltage. You might want to check the two 100 ohm resistors in between the two 39 Ohms to be sure they have not been blown. They will read 50 Ohms in parallel.

Thanks so much BB. This happened a while ago. I had a power tube blow. Blue arcs and everything. Anyways, pulled the amp apart and found the resistor. The amp still works great just as if nothing ever happened! It was an STR454 that went. Anyways, the other resistors look fine but I will heed your advice and get them checked out and give Mesa a call.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back