Replacing Grille Cloth on Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geese_com

Reaction score
Does anyone have a step-by-step guide on how to replace the grille cloth on a Mark IV? I will be getting a Mark IV in the coming weeks, but would like to change the grille to Mesa/Boogie Beige Jute from vibroworld.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

For me it's:

1. Measure
2. Measure Again
3. Cut
4. Align
5. Stretch and Staple
6. Trim excess if needed

That's pretty much it. Just look at how the original cloth is attached and try to copy that. The edges and corners don't matter much since you can't see them when it's installed. It just needs to be straight and pulled tight across the front so it doesn't flap arround. My MKIV has small pieces of felt between the wicker and the grill frame to give it room to vibrate without slapping against the frame and making an irritating buzzing noise.

Mojotone has a pretty good supply and good prices. No exact Boogie replacements, but nice Fender and Marshall style cloths.

http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/

BTW, I haven't tried doing jute yet. Does anyone know if you need to soak it in warm water for a while to soften it like Wicker Cane?

I'll look at the Mojo site. I didn't notice that vibro world was closed. I was hoping to get that tan jute grille cloth. I want to spice up the look of the Mark IV instead of it just being plain black.

I just got some Fender cloth for my Blackface at Mojotone and it's worked out great.

Latest posts

Back