Repentance Solo - Mp3 & Video - In Studio

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enc3f4L0

Reaction score
This week my friend César Zolhof, drummer from my Dream Theater Tribute band, and owner of Lado B Studio here in Brasilia invited my brother and I over to test out some new gear.

He recently upgraded his studio... Bought a whole bunch of new preamps (Rupert Neve, Apogees), compressors, equalizers, monitors, mixer, and whatnot.

Besides the audio improvement he's also getting into recording and editing videos with his new dv cam.

For the purpose of testing the whole thing out (and having some fun while at it) we took on a little project... We recorded a minute of DT song (drums, bass, guitar) in both audio and video (multiple angles). The chosen section was the intro to 'The Dark Eternal Night'. It was alot of fun. This video should be ready by next week hopefully, I'll post the link then.

For now I'll share something else. Repentance Solo.
At the end of our 'TDEN' session I wanted to record this to compare it with my other repentance videos that were miced with the PC mic.

I thought the tone was pretty good but would love to read some feedback.
César did a pretty cool job editing it also.

Audio:
http://www.badsalad.net/mp3/ThiagoCampos-Repentance-Studio.mp3

Video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_X1ipipG_A

Higher quality downloadable video (40mb):
http://rapidshare.com/files/52793202/thiago-repentance.avi

Hope you like it.
Thiago.

Are you John Petrucci? :wink:

Awesome playing!

Mind sharing settings on the Mark? What was it miced with?

This was a 'one post fits all forums' kinda text, I forgot to mention the technical aspect of the recording.

The following was used:

Guitar: Ernie Ball Musicman JP6
Amp: Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Cab: Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Effect: TC Electronic G-force (for delay)
Mic: SM-57
Preamp: Rupert Neve Portico 5012

Thanks for watching!

Very nice. However, I think the world is set with just one Petrucci. I would really like to see how you play your own stuff and not someone elses. You've got chops, show them off with your own stuff and not somebody elses.

steeldragonjovi said:
Very nice. However, I think the world is set with just one Petrucci. I would really like to see how you play your own stuff and not someone elses. You've got chops, show them off with your own stuff and not somebody elses.

Not to be ofensive, but if you don't want to see a cover why did you click on the link in the first place? The DT song was mentioned in the title... Even if you didn't know it was a DT song, you would've found out on my post before any link to audio or video was presented.

There are some who hate covers, others appreciate it. I've received many msgs/emails asking for more videos of this kind and I do them with pleasure because it's a band I like. Those who don't like this type of thread should browse around the other hundred/thousands available on the forum, I'm sure there are topics that'll please you.

I'm sorry if it seems like I got pissed over nothing. It's just that I've been annoyed enough with this type of negative reply. I don't mind negative feedback on playing, tone, looks, whatever... But I do mind when someone tells me I shouldn't post a certain thing when it's obvious that other people are enjoying it.

On the matter of original stuff, I'll quote myself from a post in the JPForum:

Actually I'm in the writing process with 2 bands. One along the lines of prog/experimental, we're on our 4rth song as of now, the album should be ready by next year. The other is a Brazilian pop/rock band, it won't interest you guys but just thought I'd comment.

The purpose of this video was to test drive the new studio gear and to give my friend César enough footage to play with video editing. Since the 3 of us were in a DT Tribute not long ago and don't share any bands with original material, I think it's reasonable we play with DT stuff.

Just for the record. I'm not 'allowed' to post anything from our demos on the net. We agreed to hopefully make it a good surprise by only presenting anything when the album is released.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Are you John Petrucci? :wink:

Awesome playing!

Mind sharing settings on the Mark? What was it miced with?

Missed your settings question. :)

My settings are right here in the Grailtone database. It was posted awhile ago and I didn't change it much (if at all).

Back